Performance, Accountability, Culture Change & Training (PACT) Initiative
The Performance, Accountability, Culture Change & Training (PACT) initiative can be implemented as a whole (recommended) or in part as organizations work to bake in resilience and future-readiness in their operations.
- 17% of executives said that over 60 percent of their workforce requires substantial reskilling for new roles today. [Accenture Consulting]
- 43% of executives said that over 60 percent of their workforce will require substantial reskilling for new roles over the next three years. [Accenture Consulting]
- 61% of workers would be willing to have technology collect data about them and their work in exchange for more customized learning and development opportunities. [Accenture Consulting]
- Companies should reinvent themselves to deliver more personalized employee learning experiences based on roles, job profiles and competency-based assessments. [Accenture Consulting]
- The Readiness Gap: 74% of organizations say reskilling the workforce is important or very important for their success over the next 12-18 months, but only 10 % say they are very ready to address this trend. [Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends]
- 73% of Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends survey respondents identified organizations as the entity in society primarily responsible for workforce development, outranking the responsibility of workers themselves, and far exceeding the deemed responsibility of educational institutions, governments, or professional associations and unions. [Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends]
- A system that invests not just in workers, near-term skill needs but also in workers, long-term resilience can help build long-term organizational resilience in a world where the only constant is change. [Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends]
- What is needed is a worker development approach that considers both the dynamic nature of jobs and the equally dynamic potential of people to reinvent themselves. To do this effectively, organizations should focus on building workers “resilience for both the short and the long term” a focus that can allow organizations to increase their own resilience in the face of constant change. [Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends]
- Today, the qualities that workers and organizations need to survive and thrive are very different from those they needed in the past. One reason for this is that economies are shifting from an age of production to an age of imagination. In the past, business success relied mainly on deploying precisely calibrated skills to efficiently construct products or deliver services at scale. Today, success increasingly depends on innovation, entrepreneurship, and other forms of creativity that rely not just on skills, but also on less quantifiable capabilities such as critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and collaboration. [Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends]
PACT recognizes key imperatives:
- The demand for increased effectiveness and responsiveness to stakeholder needs.
- The urgent need to keep pace with change and the rapidly evolving digital environment.
- The recognition that addressing items 1 and 2 requires a thorough-going, consistent and across-the-board upskilling and worker resilience development program.
PACT stands on 4 main pillars.
- Use of a values-driven e-Competency Framework 2.0 (ECF 2.0) as a guardrail and compass to guide governance, performance and workforce management processes.
- Development of a Fit-for-Purpose workforce by implementing Gap Analysis processes based on the ECF 2.0 that guides Learning & Development, Recruitment & Selection and Succession Planning.
- Implementation of a High Performance Team Boost program to enhance productivity and engagement and promote individual and organization resilience. This component incorporates the application of an assessment-driven DISCerning Communication & Leadership Framework that anchors culture change efforts in the context of interaction among team members and relationships with stakeholders.
- Implementation of a Workforce Development Program to establish essential role-related competences, execute reskilling programs, prepare a cadre of future-ready leaders and build resilience into the organization.
e-Competency Framework 2.0 (ECF2.0) And the Fit-For-Purpose Workforce
ECF2.0 is the answer to modern Workforce Planning. In a nutshell, it lays out in dynamic terms pathways to performance excellence.
ECF 2.0 tweaks traditional competency frameworks but incorporating non-traditional capabilities like social and emotional intelligence, innovation and creativity, critical thinking, digital-readiness, collaborating remotely and working in an intergenerational environment.
ECF2.0 cascades values and tenets through the organization in such a way that they are communicated at all levels in terms of not only what is done but critically, why it is done and how it is to be done.
ECF2.0 defines the knowledge, skills, personality, attitude, values and norms that are required at each level for each role.
ECF2.0 informs the recruitment & selection of staff to achieve right person, in right role under right style of leadership. It matches existing competences against what is desired (Gap Analysis) and pivots Learning & Development to fill gaps.
ECF2.0 lays out transparent career pathways and supports succession planning. Above all, it provides a pervasive reminder of “who we are” and what behaviours and actions are aligned to that common understanding.
ECF2.0 is a boon to Performance Management and Appraisal. The descriptors/identifiers are linked to each level in respect of each competence and spells out in clear, easy to follow language how things are to be done.
ECF2.0 outlines observable behaviours which facilitates daily performance management and productivity enhancement. Contentious performance appraisals will be significantly reduced.
ECF 2.0 is manifested in an e-Work Plan that monitors actual deliverables against planned activities on a weekly basis. This adds an electronic tracking dimension to Performance Management.
The 90-Day High Performance Team Boost Anchors the Work Place Development Program
Team performance is a key determinant of the success of the organization. Consequently, the PACT initiative incorporates a robust Team Boost 90-day sprint.
The program is underpinned by a forensic behavioural diagnosis of your teams. You will get at a very granular level a deeper understanding of every member of your team. You will fully appreciate their unique capacities and what allows them to function effectively.
Here is a peek at an extract from one of the reports from Extended DISC on the revolutionary FinxS Platform.
An Environment In Which Everyone Thrives
One key to this “90-Day High Performance Boost” is the emphasis on getting to the core of what makes each individual thrive and what are the things that detract from their performance and engagement. This in turn provides clarity as to the priorities that must be kept in laser focus in the current environment and in the near term so as to experience the high performance boost in 90 days.
The DISCerning Model of Communication, Leadership & Conflict Management
The trusty Arrow Map speaks volumes about the team!
The back of the arrow identifies the individual’s Natural Style (who they are just before they pull the cover over their heads at night) and the tip of the arrow relates to a “perception” that they have as to how they will get best results in the current environment. This map tells many compelling stories.
4 Quadrant Map
The 4 Quadrant Team Map can be brutal.
It can highlight in graphic terms whether the team as a whole is well suited to function effectively in the current internal and external environments. For example, the team in this map might be challenged to compete effectively in a highly competitive, fast changing environment.
Key insights from the assessments include Role fit analysis, Inter-personal Relations, Team Cohesiveness and the Team Alignment to the demands of the current and future environments.
The maps and companion diagnostics provide powerful answers to important questions:
What are the keys to success moving forward?
Is the team naturally oriented to display the behaviours that are required going forward. In other words, is the team ready to meet future challenges. Is it resilient?
If not, what are the implications?
What corrective actions can be taken?
The 90-Day Team Productivity Accelerator
A carefully crafted, customized training and coaching plan is built on the platform of the rigorous diagnostics. The plan incorporates customized modules that will allow each individual to accelerate by strengthening their capacity to perform at high levels.
A recurring feature of our work with teams is the AHA experience that is enjoyed when blind spots and limiting mindsets are identified. Individuals readily accept the eye-opener and work to implement corrective way-forward strategies.
The 90-Day High Performance Coaching Plan In Brief
- Pre-Diagnostic consultation and goal setting with Team Leadership/Project sponsors. Agreement on target outcomes, verification measures, enablers.
- Project Sponsor and Team post-diagnostic debriefing sessions.
- A company-branded Virtual Academy with directly relevant content and tracking assessments to verify the transfer of knowledge.
- Interactive courseware with built-in tracking:”How To Increase Personal Influence”, “How To Lead Teams Effectively with DISCerning Communication” and “Time And Task Management”.
- Weekly live online coaching/feedback sessions led by an expert team.
- Two transformational exercises to be utilized through the 90-day boost to effect the desired cultural transformation.
- Access to the Virtual Academy with support materials and productivity tips in different formats for 12 months
The Success With People Academy is an authorized Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Recertification Provider. That means that we are authorized to offer Professional Development Credits towards the SHRM CP and SCP certifications.
Participants who dutifully complete the assessments in the rigorous 90-Day High Performance Boost will earn SHRM-backed “Certified Team Player” awards.