Professionals who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save??money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes, at home and at work,??and earn greater respect in the workplace.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you are working on a project or??fulfilling normal support duties, this course will provide you with a basic comfort level to??negotiate with both internal and external clients. This interactive course includes??techniques to promote effective communications, emphasizes problem-solving, and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem??solving.
This Self-Study Guide is designed and laid out in a way that will guide your learning much in the same way that an instructor would. This online self-study course is comprised of modules and lessons. Each one focuses on a major Negotiating concept.
We have included quizzes which relate directly to the course content. These quizzes provide an opportunity to internalize what you have learned. Completion of the quizzes is tracked and goes to the award of Professional Development Credits that are underpinned by the Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM) and can be applied to SHRM CP and SCP Recertification.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Master foundation concepts related to the effective conduct of Negotiations.
- Understand core negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Appreciate the value of Principled Negotiating.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Address critical Mindset Issues that impact the outcome of Negotiations.
- Recognize the Phases of Negotiations.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Discover the benefits of speaking the Language of Behaviours – DISCerning Communication.
- Prepare a Negotiation Plan from end-to-end