Finding two people who are exactly alike is an exercise in futility. However, the idea that we will have to live with such unpredictability is daunting.
That is why there is gravitation to a reliable framework that assists us in bringing some consistency and predictability in relating to others. Being able to communicate with others in their preferred behavioural language is a skill that dramatically improves our interpersonal relationships!
What we do and how others see us is a function of our unique blend of temperaments. Learning to recognize preferences in ourselves and in others provide a platform for improved interpersonal communication and the enhancing of individual, team and organizational cohesiveness and performance.
We use the DISCerning Model of Communication, Leadership and Conflict Management to capture this process of communicating in the language of behaviours. Behavioural Assessments (psychometric analysis) provide us with the grammar and syntax that underpin the language of behaviours.
There is no doubt that the ???people factor??? is one of the most important issues to be dealt with as we strive for better communication, harmony and increased productivity. We have to bring new strategies to bear on this challenge. People skills are central to personal and organizational success. Behavioural styles and Interpersonal approaches require the same rigorous analysis and training investment as technical areas.
The DISCerning Communication Model is not designed to place individuals into boxes that define what they can or cannot do. Some things come more naturally to us and the assessment helps to identify things that require more energy and focus and those that we can perform more easily.
What we have here then is a guide at a particular point in time as to our tendencies, preferences, preferred ways of receiving and sending information, instruction and feedback. Armed with this knowledge team and group members reap the benefits of being able to:
- Understand themselves and the behaviour styles of others.
- Use the related concepts to modify their behaviour as needed.
- Communicate to others in their preferred behavioural language.
- Identify blind spots that could limit their effectiveness and development.
- Create a climate in which bonding takes place within the team/group.
- Lay the foundation for the development of high performance teams.
Extended DISC?? Assessments
We use customized and powerful assessments from Extended DISC?? on the revolutionary FinxS?? Platform to facilitate the management of individuals, teams and organizations in all spheres of the enterprise. They serve as a compass that guides organizations in identifying where they are and in determining where they need to be.
The Extended DISC?? assessments and the FinxS?? platform support a structured system for the more effective management of people and for fostering effective collaboration and enhanced productivity. Extended DISC?? is the world???s fastest growing assessment system. Its revolutionary FinxS?? Platform has transformed the assessment landscape and the FinxS?? Playground is used by thousands daily.
Extended DISC?? assessments on the FinxS?? platform are constantly being expanded. This has resulted in a constant flow of carefully developed assessments. These include support for:
- Recruitment and Employee retention
- Employee Engagement
- Screening staff for promotion, assignment and career planning
- Human resource database management and analysis
- Succession Planning
- People development, Counselling and Coaching
- Job and Role Fit Analysis
- Leadership, Management and Supervisory training & development
- Interpersonal Relations and Communication interventions
- Work Pair, Team Cohesiveness and Team alignment
- Sales Competence evaluation
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Sports Competence evaluation
- Remote Worker Assessment
- Organization Development
- Climate/Satisfaction/Engagement/360 Surveys
- Change Management and Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Reasoning Analysis and Capability Testing
- Team Mapping
Trevor E S Smith
INFOSERV People Tech Solutions
Success with People Academy